23 April, 2008

Evenflow

every morning in my art studio...art ideas flowing, spring has sprung...here's a brand new piece i'm working on...it's for the art challenge the artist's nook is sponsoring in june...take an everyday item and go...i've got a dustpan, light bulb and a pair of scissors....i'll work on the background using linoleum self-made stamps...layering along the way...


as promised, here are pix of my artfest finished projects i did in my three classes...linoleum prints on deli paper...
copper necklace in susan kasmer's class....i absolutely am pleased with the results....



i stamped a couple of my "word salad" phrases on both the tube shape and the open box...

here's my drawing done with a large feather dipped in water then ground charcoal... others raved in class about it but i was less pleased...

work for two days coming up...i know i sound like i whine a bit about work...i only work three days a week...nice...but twelve hour shifts are tough for me...age? attitude? a certain difficult workmate? i don't know but NEED. ATTITUDE. CHANGE.
arrrr....

3 comments:

Andi said...

Have I told you how talented you are? Holy cow, can I just say that I love love love love love that necklace. Can't wait to see everything upclose and personal!
Andi

Violetswalk said...

Absolutely phenomenal creations! I agree with Andi! Look forward to seeing you soon!
Big thumbs up,
Kelly

grrl+dog said...

That is the funkiest eclectic piece you did in Susan's class. Love the copper cubey thing the best, and the weight of it seems to be just right.