23 April, 2008

Evenflow

every morning in my art studio...art ideas flowing, spring has sprung...here's a brand new piece i'm working on...it's for the art challenge the artist's nook is sponsoring in june...take an everyday item and go...i've got a dustpan, light bulb and a pair of scissors....i'll work on the background using linoleum self-made stamps...layering along the way...


as promised, here are pix of my artfest finished projects i did in my three classes...linoleum prints on deli paper...
copper necklace in susan kasmer's class....i absolutely am pleased with the results....



i stamped a couple of my "word salad" phrases on both the tube shape and the open box...

here's my drawing done with a large feather dipped in water then ground charcoal... others raved in class about it but i was less pleased...

work for two days coming up...i know i sound like i whine a bit about work...i only work three days a week...nice...but twelve hour shifts are tough for me...age? attitude? a certain difficult workmate? i don't know but NEED. ATTITUDE. CHANGE.
arrrr....

3 comments:

Andi said...

Have I told you how talented you are? Holy cow, can I just say that I love love love love love that necklace. Can't wait to see everything upclose and personal!
Andi

Violetswalk said...

Absolutely phenomenal creations! I agree with Andi! Look forward to seeing you soon!
Big thumbs up,
Kelly

Anonymous said...

That is the funkiest eclectic piece you did in Susan's class. Love the copper cubey thing the best, and the weight of it seems to be just right.