30 August, 2007

throw out your gold teeth and see how they roll...

i started my day with my usual cup of tea, harney and sons teas in winter white earl grey ...deelish...but there is a consequence when you scorch your red tea pot the week before until it melts into the burner and that is.... you get to buy a new one in robin's egg blue!!



having been so fortified i made out towards the eastern plains to visit my red-headed friend kelly out in rural nunn (is that a redundancy?) i just had to follow county road 100 east until i saw the purple studio...

this is currently her teenage son's glass blowing place but sooner or later, hers ???

we caught up on art and life... she is a member of the altered book club i belong to and have really enjoyed getting to know her and her art... now we jumped into her honda and made straight for ault, another little eastern plains town with not one but four antique stores... we made out of there with inexpensive treasures plundered and ,for me, a bit of heartburn from the burrito at the little cafe (note to self: get the special next time)...

here's what i made off with...

a bunch of rusty, broken things that perplexed the two old ladies who ran one shop why a young grrl like me would wanna, a cute peice of jewlery kelly showed my, some old post cards



and some great old letter printing blocks...




i said adios to kelly and her kiddos




she told me about the big sunflower field, the ones with huge heads on them, just a mile or two up the road so i high tailed it to get more pix for the masses of you reading and lo and behold....

the fields were harvested and i just found a few left on the outskirts...almost dead... i certainly didn't think this one thru...its almost september and all.... but i did get a snap of it's wild cousins dancing on the sides of the roads right and left.... (this pix is for you, l.b.....for your colorado fix)


i ran back to town, grabbed my art from the artist's nook(the entallation ends tomorrow) and sat down with a bowl of cereal to blog... or not....

crunch...my temporary crown fell off and i am now digesting half of it....emergency call to the dentist, dr. bob. ooh boy, i have been in that dentist chair a lot lately with this darn molar...note to all who will listen: don't open essential oil bottle tops that stick with you teeth...

an hour later i got in the chair...

said hey to trina, the ever lovely dental assistant,



and saw my gold crown that had happened to be ready today....i got it because it will last my entire life...but how ghetto!!!





dr. bob made sure it all looked good...( round of applause for trina, please)


i love how my dentist looks like he just got off a surf board...dude! yes, he's as nice as he looks...i am not telling grant about my tooth just to see how long it is before he notices

i just love the blogs that have prizes for stupid trivia stuff, so... the title for this entry--who sang it and what is the song title...arty goodness comes your way with the correct answer...so now i can finally take a breath and...make dinner, feed the dog, do bills, clean the living room....aaarrr!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

steely dan. am i right?? ive been reading every day and i like your blog so far! i don't like the pictures of me. you need to get better ones. i love you!!

Anonymous said...

Delta, I had a fantastic time! I can't wait to get together again! So sorry to lead you on a wild goose chase to the sunflowers. It didn't occur to me that it would be harvest time. I look forward to seeing your bling!!!! Take care and I'll see you Saturday!
Big smiles,
Kelly

trina said...

Good afternoon!! Thanks for mentioning me and the very kind words.... hope that you have a wonderful day!!! Trina