26 August, 2007

blank canvas

summer is waning, the moon is almost full. northern colorado nights are cooling and i'm just warming up to this blogging gig. click on the box to the west of this post...see it? this site manifesto proclaims that blogs are not olbiged to be anything other than what is offered...kapische? i have been paralyzed, unable to get this blog off the proverbial ground since july because i thought i must be witty, prolific and,well, have something profound to say... so i'm just sayin'...

why craft pirate lounge??
craft--because i love art and craft and see no boundary between the two...
pirate--because i fancy myself a romanticised version of a pirate in metaphoric and mundane ways....
lounge--because this is a not only a nod to the mid-century era and aura that i love but also an invitation to sit for a minute or three with me....


artwise, i have two pieces in two venues.... one is to go up at the creative underground for charity... the show is called "A Hand Up" and the money will go to hospice of larimer county and a program for autistic kids....the art has to be on the provided 8" by 8" canvas and has to include a hand in it...i really like how this turned out...



the other one is currently hanging at the artist's nook in a show called "A Body of Art." Each participant was given a plastic body form about three feet long that christine, the owner, got at (evil) wallmart that they use as hanging mannequins...anyway, this show turned out some great art.... heres my contribution...the picture does not show great definition...there is a real bird's nest in the cut away heart area and beautiful japanese paper with brass fixtures....it's called "empty nest."



grant is hiking hallett peak in rocky mountain national park today with our nephew, justin... at over 12,000 feet above it all, that is some hike for that young flat-lander... sorry he didn't take the camera with him for some vistas and panoramas to post...
time to get off my pirate ass and (here i gasp) clean the house...aaarr!

<

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both are incredible pieces, Delta!!!!!

Traci said...

I am glad that you are doing this. Now I feel like we chat now all the time, although I really enjoyed talking with you the other day. I love you blue teapot, maybe if I get around to it I will start a bloging site too. In all my spare time!!!!! NOT

Traci said...

I LOVE your new dew!!!!! Does mom know about your haircut? Thank you so much for my beautiful scarf I really love it, and yes I did read the steamy thing on the envelope!!!!! I am working on christmas presents right now, so hopefully they will get done by this christmas!!!!!!